Take time to ensure your pets have a fun and safe time in the home by protecting them from poisonous and hazardous items.
The following items are poisonous to your pets:
Onions and garlic
Raisins and grapes
The following items can also be hazardous to your pet so care should be taken:
Liquid pot pourri
Fabric softener sheets
If your pet does ingest something they should not, do not panic. Call us and let us know what your pet has eaten first. That way we can prepare for your arrival. Take the product container or packaging with you and the vet or nurse you see will call the Poisons Advisory Bureau who can advise on the exact treatment your pet will need.
Should you need to come into the surgery, keep your pet warm on the journey with plenty of bedding in the cat carrier and wrap dogs in a blanket. Do not try to make your pet sick, as the poison could be caustic and cause more damage.
Please contact the surgery for further advice.